The Long Island Horticultural Society, founded in 1934, promotes the study of horticulture on Long Island by helping to further the education of worthy students planning a career in the field. Every year the organization offers the James and Mary Lee Fuller Scholarship for Horticultural Studies to honor the commitment of the Fullers to furthering education in the industry and to recognize their many years of devoted service to LIHS and the horticultural industry.
The Society will offer a $3,000 awards in 2018. The award check will be presented at our May meeting.
- resident of Long Island
- matriculated student (part-time or full-time) in a horticultural
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- interest in pursuing a career in horticulture
How to Apply
- fill out the
- attach two letters of recommentation, preferably one from
- attach a transcript from the school you are now attending
- Answer the following questions in a few short paragraphs (limit 400 words):
- 1. Why did you pick horticulture as a career path?
- 2. What do you hope to achieve with your horticultural degree?
- 3. Is there any other information not already provided on the
application that you wish the committee to consider?
Chairperson, Scholarship Committee
160 Asbury Avenue
Carle Place, NY 11514
Applications will be accepted between November 1, 2017 and March 1, 2018.