There are so many ways to get involved and they all give you the
opportunity to meet fellow gardeners.
Take a look at the list below and then contact our president to
say "I'm ready!"
- At meetings we need people to:
- help set up, control lights before and after speakers, and
run through the check list of "Things to Do" to help make
meetings run smoothly
- help our membership secretary by greeting members and registering
new members (contact Nanci Allen)
- bring cookies or other goodies
- collect the cookie and raffle sign-up sheets and give them
to the newsletter editor for inclusion in the next issue (contact
- help judge our horticultural competitions (contact
- Write an article for the newsletter (contact Jo Borut)
- Invite us to visit your garden
- Help worthy horticultural students by supporting our Scholarship
Fund. If you make a donation in honor or in memory of family or
friends, a lovely Long Island Horticultural Society card will
be sent to the designated person. You can also support the Scholarship
Fund by purchasing an LIHS tote bag and/or mug
at a meeting.
Any help you'd like to give would be appreciated so just contact
our president, Barbara Loechnerl,
and tell her how you'd like to help.